You just fought your way through Black Friday just to get your significant other’s gift. You are bareley in the door and the same disagreement ensues. This time however you have both decided to end the relationship. You are hurting and trying to heal. Weeks later you are wrapping gifts and find the gift this person really wanted. He/She talked about it all year. You are sitting there staring at it – What would you do?
Do you take the gift back back or do you give it to your ex?
Reasons why should give it to the person:
- Do the right thing. It is the season of giving.
- It is an act of maturity. It lets the person know that there are no hard feelings.
- You want to end the year on a positive note. You believe relationship karma will haunt you the next year if you are negative.
Reasons why shouldn’t give it to the person:
- You want a clean break. You don’t want any further communication with this person.
- You believe this person doesn’t deserve a gift after hurting you.
- You can use the cash to pay a bill.
Any break-up is a difficult thing to process. One during the holidays can be more troublesome than anyone could ever conceive. Family, friends, co-workers, aquaintances and the like, will want to know why and what happened. It’s a time when it’s expected for you to be with your significant other. Just remember your ex is more than likely going through the same thing.
Try and put hurt feelings aside and let the Spirit of Giving guide your decision.
Thanks so much for reading.