You meet a guy and the two of you have an instant connection. The relationship is becoming serious. He is respectful, loving, and attentive. When you have officially established that the two of you are an item, you start to bring him around the people you love and trust. After a couple of months, you decide to have a dinner for him to meet your friends.
They all arrive and make themselves comfortable on the sofa. Eager to show him off, you go upstairs to hurry him along, You grab his hand and practically drag him towards your friends. The air in the room immediately becomes thick. Everyone speaks, but you can tell that something is wrong. In an instant things have become quite uncomfortable. Everyone makes it through dinner and leaves shortly after. They promise to meet up with her the following day.
She sees all of her friends the next day to ask them what’s wrong and why they behaved so weirdly around her new beau. They explain to her that they all know her significant other from the club scene. (She didn’t go out with them to clubs often) He has quite the reputation of being a ladies man. Every time they see him, there is a new woman on his arm. He is more likely to seduce women he feels are vulnerable and weak. Once he gets what he wants from them, he moves on.
You’re in shock. He has not given you that impression of himself at all. What would you do?
- Would you let his reputation get in the way of your relationship?
- Would you wipe the slate clean and allow him to start fresh?
Reasons why you wouldn’t let this reputation deter you from dating him.
- He has not given you a reason to belive that he is being that way towards you.
- He may have changed. Most individuals tend to grow out of such behavior – especially if he believes that person is worth the change.
- You would be cautios but not accusatory – i.e. you will continue to see him but with your guard up.
Reasons why you would let his reputation deter you from dating him.
- You can’t help but let his past get in the way. If he says he is going to be somewhere – your mind plays tricks on you.
- Trust issues. If he is friends with women, you become jealous.
- Once the seed has been planted, he doesn’t stand a fair chance by you.
It is totally unfair to judge someone who has not done annything personally to hurt you. Further, it is even more difficult when the people you know have your best interests in mind when telling you something negative about this person. They only say something because they don’t want to see you hurt. Once this pertinent information is given to you, how will you handle yourself – your new relationship? You stand in the mirror weighing your options and saying to yourself – But I Love Him!
Time will only reveal what you are hoping to know. I think after so long, you will be able to tell if he is sincere or not.
Thanks for reading