Many of us are out shopping and getting prepared for family dinner. The grocery stores are packed. Lines going all around the isles. It takes a lot to put a family dinner together. A lot of times the host who puts everything together does so without any recognition or appreciation. It doesn’t have to be a grand gesture. Try offering a simple and thoughtful way to say thanks for cooking, decorating, and inviting us over for dinner. Here are some very inexpensive ways to show your appreciation. They are as follows:
- Bring some wine glasses. Any dollar store has very nice wine glasses for a small amount. If there are only two people living there, get two glasses – cost $2.00 plus tax. What about 4 glasses?
- Print off an old family photo and place it in a nice frame. Again, you can go to a dollar store and buy a frame. The picture can be a great and positive conversation piece. Bringing up good memories is always fun!
- Bring a dessert: Bring something you love – even if you were not asked to. My family loves it when someone brings something sweet to eat that we have never tried.
- Bring the after dinner mints: No one ever thinks to bring the Andes mints. Get a nice bowl from the dollar store and the mints too.
- Bring some Hor dourves. Bring something you enjoy that you would like to share.
- Help clean up: Even if they don’t want help, help clean up or promise you will help with Christmas dinner.
A simple thank you goes a really long way. I hope that you all have a wonderful dinner with your families.
Thanks for visiting.