|http://all-free-download.com/free-photos/sticky_02_highdefinition_picture_170946_download.html: MODIFIED BY KA WILLIAMS|
Happy New Year “2015”!
You know what this means. A lot of us will sit down and concoct a list of promises to ourselves that we are supposed to keep for the coming year. These promises are usually changes for the better. Some of us are diligent in keeping our resolutions. While others, like me, will hit the ground running and run out of steam by April. The following resolutions are fairly easy to keep all year round. Even I can keep them – and I plan to. With that, here are a few things that we, as women or men, can all resolve to do for this year.
1. I resolve to put myself first: This one sentence carries a lot of weight. This is so hard for someone who is always putting others before we put ourselves. Nevertheless, this year, make a point to love yourself enough to get healthy. Living a healthier lifestyle may grant us an extra year of life. It is definitely worth the effort. Not only should we all focus on just living healthy, we should get right mentally as well. We cannot solve everyone else’s problems all of the time. Prioritize which crisis is more important. Carve out a little “me time” for ourselves. To start us off on this journey, we should resolve to do the following:
- · Start planning out healthier meals for the week
- · Start a workout plan (30 minutes to an hour three times a week)
- · Take ten minutes to sit still – meditate or pray ( Try the Relaxing Rain app)
- · Try and get a good night’s sleep.
- · Do better in our careers – Improving our work ethic can lead to a promotion or a raise in compensation.
- · Volunteerism – The outcome of helping others always shows us that our problems are not as big as they seem. Also, helping others warms our hearts. Pablo Picasso said and it is still profound today: “The meaning of life is to find your gift. The purpose of life is to give it away.”
- · Vow to make sure that we go on a girlfriend’s getaway – even if it is only for a weekend. Trips are similar to a reboot. Everyone tends to return home relaxed.
- · Lower our defenses and let our guards down
- · Smile at strangers – A smile can go a long way. It makes us more approachable
- · Not conform or change to make someone else happy – especially in a romantic relationship. Know that if you are not good enough for him/her, you will be good enough for someone out there. Once this is realized, half of the battle is won.