PARTY & WORK?
It’s time for those holiday parties we must attend for work. We should all know the drill by now. Surprisingly enough, there are a few of us who don’t seem to remember the rules. It’s always someone who will be watercooler talk for the rest of the year. Here are a few of my suggestions to get you through the night. These are all meant to be in fun – yet serious.
- A lot of times these parties are mandatory. They are designed to thank everyone for their hard work during the year. It’s also a way to see how you would represent your organization on your off time. The function is usually held off your work site. It is normally at a nice venue- like a restaurant, hotel or upscale club. Keep this in mind when leaving the house.
- Hold your liquor. Make sure you keep track of what you are drinking. Those libations can catch you off guard, and you will regret your behavior in the morning.
- Regardless of the venue, dress appropriately. It’s okay to have some sparkle and show your sexy side. Remember sexy and overly sexualized are completely different things. You don’t want people to see your heart beating through your dress or you vajazzle (vaginal dazzle) when you sit down. In other words – not too tight and not too short
- Don’t show too much pda. Tonguing down your significant other in front of everyone is not appropriate behavior. Save that for your bedroom.
- Don’t use this evening to sleep with your co-workers or boss. Mixing business and pleasure can be a slippery slope. If things go awry, you may need a new job by April.
- Don’t dance like you are in a music video. Save that for when you are clubbing with your friends.
The key is to have fun without overdoing it. Stay sober and small talk your way to that new promotion.
Thanks for reading.