We’re Not Official
You’ve been seeing this guy/girl for a few months and you’re both coasting along like a normal couple. You go out every week, follow each other on social media, and text or call to check in throughout the day. Both of you have even started spending the night at each other’s places. Though nothing has officially been established. You throw hints and he/she refuses to catch them by immediately changing the subject. You want this to be a real relationship – as it feels that way (to you). Though, he /she is coming off as not being as serious as you had hoped.
You don’t want to kill the vibe you’ve got going on because it feels so good. On the other hand, you want to know where you stand. The thought of where you actually fit into his life is eating you up inside.
WHAT WOULD YOU DO?
- Would you risk laying your feelings about where you hope this relationship is going out on the table?
- Will you keep it to yourself and let the relationship guide you to the answers you seek?
Reasons Why You Should Ask Him/Her What You Are Doing:
- You will know where you stand and won’t have to waste any time
- You will know whether or not you want to stay in the relationship
- You will know if you want to keep it as an open relationship (until you perhaps find someone new)
Reasons Why You Should Not Ask:
- You can relax and enjoy the relationship to see where it goes
- He/She may not be ready to open up and will feel pressured
I have my personal answer. However, I will not say. It is truly up to you. What would you do in this situation? It;s all up to where you are in your life. If you are ready to settle down and you believe time’s a wasting, or you are just enjoying your ‘singledom’ – it will determine your answer.
Have a great day. Thanks for reading.