Happy Random Tuesday!
I have always wondered how I would handle it if I ever ran into my ex. It hasn’t happened as of yet – thank goodness. However, I know how I would deal with the consequences. I am also curious about how you guys would deal with the same situation if it happens to you.
I have decided to occasionally do topics based on one of the television shows I watch. I will put out a scenario and ask how you would conduct yourselves accordingly. This is all meant to be in fun – nothing to be taken seriously. This week’s topic is running into an ex with their new significant other.
What would you do: if you are out somewhere and you run into an ex for the first time and he/she is with their new love?
You are walking in the mall with a few bags in tow. You look up and from a far you see him/her holding hands with someone new. Do you try and hide in the nearest store, duck into a corner so as not to talk to him/her, walk past and act as if you don’t see them, or keep walking past and greet them with a smile and salutations?
Reasons Why You Wouldn’t Mind Running Into This Person:
- You are mature and don’t let things like this upset you.
- You still look great
- You are happy and doing well in your life
- He/She hasn’t aged well
- You have moved on to someone better
- You are thinking – better him/her than me
Reasons Why You Would Mind Running Into This Person:
- You are not over this person
- You are not feeling you look your best
- He/She looks great and you don’t feel as though you do
- He/She looks very happy with this individual
- You don’t want to rehash the past- this person brings up bad memories
- You haven’t started dating yet
There really is no right or wrong answer. You must do what is actually best for you. For quiz purposes, the correct answer to this question would be to hold your head up high and walk past them. And if he/she stops you, pleasantly greet them (salutations).
Never let someone steal your happiness or make you sweat. As an adult, we should show them that we are just fine without them. In other terms, don’t give anyone the satisfaction of seeing that they have gotten the best of you.
Enjoy the rest of your week. Thanks for reading and visiting the site.